We are delighted to announce that Brandon Vance will be coming to NW Scottish Fiddlers in December! Brandon has taught workshops in person for us, in 2018-19, but of course, this workshop will be on Zoom instead, starting at 2 PM (Pacific Time), on Sunday, December 13th (yes, this is the 2nd Sunday of the month, vs. our usual 3rd Sunday of the month).
And a few things about Brandon (to be brief is really difficult!): he’s an internationally acclaimed Scottish fiddler and a classical violinist! He was the youngest fiddler to win the U.S. National Open Scottish Fiddling Championship, in 1999 and in 2001. He has performed and taught internationally, for major events like the University of Limerick’s Irish World Academy, and was a featured soloist at the 2017 Scottish Royal National Mód in Fort William.
On the classical violin side of his life, he has a B.M. and M.M. in violin performance from the Cleveland Institute of Music. He is a member of Chamber Orchestra Northwest Sinfonietta, and a baroque ensemble, Pacific Musicworks.
To learn more about Brandon, visit his website!
Please note we’ll have a virtual tip jar for Brandon, as we aim to support musicians in this challenging time where live performances are rare.
- Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas Workshop Registration Deadline
- Ryan McKasson Leads November Workshop
- Mark Your Calendar for October 18 with Cayley Schmid
- September Workshop Coming Up!
- Annual Whidbey Island Workshop Goes Virtual
- Workshop with Vienna Scheyer June 28th
- Whidbey Island Workshop 2021
- April’s Virtual Session
- Social Distancing Workshops Coming Your Way!